The Longfellow Sustainability Group meets on the first Saturday of every month at 10:30 am at Peace Coffee on Minnehaha and 33rd. We get to meet new neighbors almost every month. We discuss our experience with the prior month’s mini challenge, share tips and resources, and have a great conversation.
Next group meeting is July 2. We’ll be reporting in on our local food efforts.
The group has been a wonderful addition to our family’s greening lifestyle. We really enjoy hearing what other people have done. We learn a lot and every single time we come away with new ideas. I’m really grateful for the people who have come, whether once or several times. Because of you, we’ve:
- Signed up for the Shop the Coop class (and the home pickling class while I was at it)
- Gotten involved in the Southside Food Hub
- Met the wonderful owner of Gandhi Mahal restaurant
- Fearlessly moved forward in a lifestyle with less toilet paper (Who knew that this was such a hot topic! But I guess we’re a pretty cosmopolitan bunch here in Longfellow and once you’ve traveled the world a bit, you have a better understanding of what is and is not a necessity.)
- Begun worm composting
- Diligently kept moving forward on reducing our energy use because we want to report back that we’ve made progress
Thanks, everyone, for making this community a better place to be.