If you are just getting started learning about sustainability and the transition movement, here are some resources to help you learn more and local organizations where you can meet real people doing stuff in Minnesota. I’ve included some national groups and blogs. (If you would like your group listed here, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll check you out and add you to the list.)
Products That May Help You Stop Using Fossil Fuels
When I see products that I could use to replace an electric or gas-powered product, I post it to my Fossil-Fuel-Free Pinterest board so I can find it later. I am not selling any of these products. I do not receive compensation from any product manufacturer or retailer.
- Alliance for Sustainability
- Transition Network
- Google Group – Transition Twin Cities
- Minnesota Sustainable Communities Network
- Northland Sustainable Solutions, organizers of Northland Bioneers Conference
- Permaculture Research Institute for Northern Climates
- Do It Green Minnesota!
- Gardening Matters
- Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy
- Midwest Permaculture
- Homegrown Minneapolis – this site lists kitchen space available for community groups!
- Minnesota Environmental Partnership
- Fresh Energy
- Minnesota Renewal Energy Society
- Clean Energy Resource Teams
- Post Carbon Institute
- Energy Bulletin
- The Northwest Earth Institute
- Transition U.S.
- Transition Town
- The Oil Drum (discussions on Energy and Our Future)
- Center for Economic and Policy Research (wide ranging economics topics, with a section on energy and the environment)
Very nice post. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say
that I’ve truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts.
After all I’ll be subscribing in your rss feed and I am hoping you write again soon!